The mission of the Friends of the Hall Center is to complement the work of the Center and its Advisory Board by developing a broad base of support through individual and community involvement and contributions.
The benefits of Friends Membership include members-only conversations with visiting speakers, popular fall and spring socials, invitational music recitals by KU faculty and students and opportunities to volunteer for Hall Center events.
Joining the Friends is easy. You may join online at the KU Endowment website or print and mail (PDF) your membership form.
Annual Giving Levels
Athena Lifetime Friend
Stoic $15-$74 (student membership)
Benefits of Friends Membership
All Friends members receive:
- Invitations to our Friends Exclusive social events, lectures, and recitals
- A copy of our Annual Report and bi-annual Communiqué
- A subscription to our monthly e-newsletter, the Public Humanities Update
- Postcard reminders and calendars of upcoming Hall Center events
Orpheus and up also receive:
- An invitation to one Humanities Lecture Series dinner with the speaker
What Your Membership Makes Possible
The Friends make possible critical support for humanities faculty and students, as well as a range of important public programs. The Friends Council, elected by the Annual Meeting of the Friends of the Hall Center, meets three times a year to provide input on membership recruitment and administration, and to take decisions about which programs to fund. The programs currently supported by the Friends include:
- The Humanities Lecture Series, which attracts the very best public intellectuals in America-historians, poets, filmmakers and novelists-and provides opportunities for the campus and community to interact with them.
- Public outreach symposia, which take KU faculty to Kansas City, Topeka and Wichita, to explore the most crucial social, philosophical and cultural themes.
- The Hall Center Scholars Program, which provides opportunities for a select group of KU undergraduates to interact with the well-known authors, scholars, and public intellectuals who speak in our Humanities Lecture Series.
Does your employer match charitable contributions? Don’t forget to request a match and double your gift to the Hall Center.
Friends Council 2016-2017
Allan Miller (Chair)
For more information about Friends Membership or Hall Center programs, email us at email@example.com or call 785-864-4798.