Celebration of Books
Scholarship in the humanities is one of KU’s areas of research excellence. Faculty in the humanities here at KU are outstanding scholars and widely respected across and beyond the United States. They produce a steady stream of books and journal articles with major presses; each year they give dozens of conference presentations across the globe. This annual event celebrates the books published by KU faculty in the humanities, arts, and social sciences. This is a public event and anyone interested in the humanities is welcome!
Submissions for inclusion in the next Ceebration of Books are due no later than Monday, December 16, 2019 to ensure that we list your title in our Spring Communiqué, however, submissions for the program itself will be accepted up to March 1, 2020.
- Sole or co-authored books of scholarship and/or creative work
- Sole or co-edited volumes
- Editions of classic works in which the editor contributes a substantial, original scholarly interpretation (as evidenced by introductory text and extensive notes)
- Expanded and revised editions of previously published work
- Equivalent achievements in the fine arts (please use the Special Notes section below to provide detail)
The following works are NOT eligible:
- Edited journals, including special issues
- Articles appearing in a volume edited by others
- Journal articles
*Please note: Occasionally, there are difficulties with works initially scheduled for a 2019 publication date that are subsequently delayed until the following year. If this occurs after you have submitted your book information to the Hall Center, please notify us immediately (email@example.com) and we will ensure your work is included in the next year’s Celebration. Likewise, if you are certain of a release date in 2019, even though the copyright notice will read 2020, you may submit your work for the 2019 Celebration. Please indicate the copyright date in the Year of publication field below, and indicate the actual release date in the Special Notes field.