Celebration of Books
Scholarship in the humanities is one of KU’s areas of research excellence. Faculty in the humanities here at KU are outstanding scholars and widely respected across and beyond the United States. They produce a steady stream of books and journal articles with major presses; each year they give dozens of conference presentations across the globe. This annual event celebrates the books published by KU faculty in the humanities, arts, and social sciences. This is a public event and anyone interested in the humanities is welcome!
Submissions for inclusion in the next Celebration of Books are due no later than Monday, December 13, 2021 to ensure that we list your title in our Spring 'Humanities for All' publication, however, submissions for the program itself will be accepted up to March 1, 2022.
- Sole or co-authored books of scholarship and/or creative work
- Sole or co-edited volumes
- Editions of classic works in which the editor contributes a substantial, original scholarly interpretation (as evidenced by introductory text and extensive notes)
- Expanded and revised editions of previously published work
- Equivalent achievements in the fine arts (please use the Special Notes section below to provide detail)
The following works are NOT eligible:
- Edited journals, including special issues
- Articles appearing in a volume edited by others
- Journal articles
Please submit your titles, along with the names of any additional authors or editors, year of publication, and publisher, to Hall Center Communications Coordinator Eliott Reeder, at email@example.com.
*Please note: Occasionally, there are difficulties with works initially scheduled for a 2019 publication date that are subsequently delayed until the following year. If this occurs after you have submitted your book information to the Hall Center, please notify us immediately and we will ensure your work is included in the next year’s Celebration. Likewise, if you are certain of a release date in 2021, even though the copyright notice will read 2022, you may submit your work for the 2021 Celebration. Please indicate the copyright date in the Year of publication field below, and indicate the actual release date in the Special Notes field.