Become a Friend of the Hall Center!
Please consider becoming a Friend of the Hall Center!
Membership gives you access to a community of inquisitive, interesting people and to special events throughout the year. Financial support from Friends helps to fund research programs sponsored by the Hall Center and to pay for our public events, which are always free and open to anyone who wants to attend.
- Your support can help to pay for exciting public talks by dynamic visiting speakers who share with us new ideas that open our minds, reveal new ways of understanding who we are, and uncover the histories that brought us to the moment we live in.
- Your support can help send graduate students and faculty members on research trips to locations far away that they would not otherwise be able to visit, furthering work to broaden and deepen our understanding of the human condition.
- Your support can help to pay for publishing costs such as the reproduction of illustrations, the production of maps or charts, and the preparation of online databases as supplements to physical books, in a publishing world where presses increasingly expect authors to share the costs of publication
The Hall Center is one of twelve designated research centers at KU. Faculty in the humanities here at KU are widely respected scholars who produce a steady stream of books and journal articles with major presses; each year they give dozens of conference presentations across the globe. Scholarship in the humanities is one of KU’s areas of research excellence. You can help make this world-changing work possible!
Benefits of Friends Membership
The chief benefit of becoming a Friend is the satisfaction of supporting the creation of knowledge and making possible high-quality public programming sponsored by the Hall Center. Additional membership benefits include invitations to popular fall and spring socials and members-only conversations with visiting speakers.
All Friends of the Hall Center receive:
- Invitations to exclusive social events and lectures
- Copies of our Year in Review and bi-annual newsletters
- A subscription to our monthly e-newsletter, Public Humanities Update
- Reminders for upcoming Hall Center events
Members who give $500 or above also enjoy the added benefit of membership in the Hall Center Director's Circle, which entitles you to attend special receptions with guest speakers.
How to Join
Does your employer match charitable contributions? Please do not forget to request a match and double your gift to the Hall Center.
This program allows you to easily pledge to KU Endowment through monthly automatic deductions from your bank account. More information available on our Sustained Giving page.
Please contact Hall Center Assistant Director Andrew Hodgson at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.